Make sure you let your peeps
know where to find you!
PLEASE Do Not Recommend the check-in diary!
Recs on the Weather Critter Comment are still welcome. 🙂
The morning check-in is an open thread posted to give you a place to visit with the meeses. Feel free to chat about your weather, share a bit of your life, grump (if you must), rave (if you can). The diarist du jour sometimes posts and runs, other times sticks around for a bit, often returns throughout the day and always cares that meeses are happy … or at least contented.
For those new to the Moose, Kysen left a Moose Welcome Mat (Part Deux) so, please, wipe your feet before you
walk in the front door start posting.
The important stuff to get you started:
– Comments do not Auto-refresh. Click the refresh/reload on your tab to see new ones. Only click Post once for comments. When a diary’s comment threads grow, the page takes longer to refresh and the comment may not display right away.
– To check for replies to your comments, click the “My Comments” link in the right-hand column (or go to “My Moose”). Comments will be listed and a link to Recent Replies will be shown. (Note: Tending comments builds community)
– Ratings: Fierce means Thumbs Up, Fail means Thumbs Down, Meh means one of three things: I am unFailing you but I can’t Fierce you, I am unFiercing after a mistaken Fierce, or Meh. Just Meh. (p.s. Ratings don’t bestow mojo, online behaviour does).
– Finally, the posting rules for a new diary: “Be excellent to each other… or else”
The Recommended list, defined:
– The Recommended list has a prominent place on the Front Page because it reflects the interests of the Moose. When people drive-by, we want them to see what we are talking about: news, politics, science, history, personal stories, culture.
– The Rec list algorithm, per Kysen:
The Rec List is based upon number of recs and number of days on the list.
The best way to control Rec List content is to ONLY rec diaries you WANT to see ON the list.
Don’t use the Recommendation button as a ‘I read this and I like it’ indicator….you can say that in the comments and by rating the comments contained within the diary.
– Per me:
… any post that reflects our values and gets us to think about who we are and our place in the world is valuable to progressives.
You can follow the daily moosetrails here: Motley Moose Recent Comments.
The Moose will be featuring a liveblog of the SCOTUS Special Tuesday rulings at about 9am Eastern time. There are still merit cases from the October 2012 term that have not been decided including the DOMA and Prop 8 cases and the ruling on the Voting Rights Act. Stop by and read some tea leaves … or just bring your tea and read what the others are saying.
Also in the news, President Obama will be making a major speech on Climate Change this afternoon at Georgetown University. And don’t forget to keep your eyes on Texas where the Democrats will be filibustering SB5. They need to hold on for 14 hours to stop this assault on women’s reproductive rights.
Let the greetings begin!