Make sure you let your peeps know where to find you!
The morning check-in is an open thread posted to give you a place to visit with the meeses. Feel free to chat about your weather, share a bit of your life, grump (if you must), rave (if you can). The diarist du jour sometimes posts and runs, other times sticks around for a bit, often returns throughout the day and always cares that meeses are happy … or at least content.
If you are new to the Moose, Kysen left a Moose Welcome Mat (Part Deux) so, please, wipe your feet before you
walk in the front door start posting.
The important stuff to get you started:
– Comments do not Auto-refresh. Click the refresh/reload on your tab to see new ones.
– To check for replies to your comments, click the “My Comments” link in the right-hand column (or go to “My Moose”). Comments will be listed and a link to Recent Replies will be shown. (Note: Tending comments builds community)
– Ratings: Fierce means Thumbs Up, Fail means Thumbs Down, Meh means one of three things: I am unFailing you but I can’t Fierce you, I am unFiercing after a mistaken Fierce, or Meh. Just Meh.
– Ratings don’t bestow mojo, online behaviour does.
– Only click Post once for comments. When a diary’s comment thread gets longer, it takes a bit to reload and the comment may not display as quickly. Clicking the Post button twice posts the comment twice. (h/t Khloe)
– When creating a new diary, remember to choose the Draft option (near the bottom) while you are working on it. Choose the Public option when you want to publish it. (h/t Khloe)
– Finally, the posting rules for a new diary: “Be excellent to each other… or else”
Here is a great link to have open in a tab: Motley Moose Recent Comments
If you are a new moose (or an old moose) looking for a second chance to make a first impression, you can start right here.
And if you are looking for Khloe, your regular Saturday morning checker-inner, she will return Sunday filling your ears with worms and putting a smile on your face. Computer hardware malfunctions are the pits but I think she will be ready to roll tomorrow: