The problem with the U.S. Senate polls heading into the final week before election day is that when you dig a little deeper, they are essentially saying that most of the races are “too close to call”.
Yet that does not stop the breathless headlines: “Democrats will be crushed by Republican wave” or “Democratic majority doomed”.
I recommend listening to this Guy, Guy Cecil, who says that we can win ALL the close Senate elections if we just get out the vote, even in states where there are more Republicans than Democrats.
How? Well, state by state (from the video):
– CO (mail-in means 2 million more voters than in 2010),
– AR (95,000 more AA voters, 5% bump),
– LA (900,000 new AA voters since Katrina),
– AK (Turnout among native people),
– NC (education is #2 issue which has no anti-Obama component),
– IA (D dominating early vote, non-2010 voters are voting Democratic),
– GA (New AA voters, maximize Atlanta and southern GA),
– KY (Tied, key is turnout in Louisville, high negatives for McConnell),
– SD (Not giving up),
– NH (Shaheen is up and will stay up)
– MN (Franken is a lock)
New voters, re-energized voters, non-2010 voters. Democratic voters.
So who is this Guy and why should we listen to him?